Selasa, November 16, 2010

Tak Dengar

I went out on a dinner last night. Two people, nothing fancy.

Sedang sibuk mengunyah,

"Each time I look at you, I feel like a butterfly flapping its dusty wings in stomach," dia cakap.

As a rule, I don't like people talk to me while I'm getting my grub on. It's rude. Unless I talk to them, and that's another story.

Perempuan suka kalau lelaki 'dengar' apa yang mereka cakap. "You're a very good listener" selalu diucap bila habis sesi bercakap. To be truth, most men tak dengar pun seluruh perbualan. They'll just listen to the last word of the sentence.

So what I actually heard was,

White noise~~~ "stomach."

"Woman," aku balas, "what the fuck is wrong with your stomach? I got bread, cheese, wings, bones, salad, some Pepsi, lamb kebab and some other stuff I don't have any idea what the fuck they are in mine but you don't see me bitching about it. So shut your trap and let me finish my meal. Damn, you're such a pain."

Selepas habis makan. Aku tak ada table manner maka aku sendawa. Sekuat yang boleh. Secara semulajadi. Tak kuat. Maka aku gunakan kebolehan aku untuk sendawa by my own will using the telan angin method.

The ground was shaking. People scattered and I said, "that's some good shit. Now what were you talking about?"

Lantas menerangkan bagaimana aku tahu apa dia cakap. Dia ulang balik apa yang dia cakap. She had to. I threatened to leave the food joint without paying the bill. And from what she just saw, the abomination on the table, aku boleh rasa dia cakap under her breath, "this is what I eat for a week."

"And a half," this one she said it straight to my face.