Sabtu, Februari 12, 2011

Oh.

Bos aku tanya, "You datang kerja tak Isnin ni?"

Aku jawab, "Yeah, why you ask?"

And he didn't answer me. Dia cuma berikan aku satu senyuman. Not much of a smile, more like tersengih macam muka minta penumbuk. I did actually punch him in the face. Hard.

Selepas situasi kembali terkawal, aku tanya semula.

"This time, answer me verbally. Don't give me some questionable expression and hoping that I will get it cos honestly, I have no fucking idea."

Dengan terketar-ketar ketakutan dia menjawab, "It's the 14th of February." And he stopped there.

Aku naik angin, betul-betul naik angin. Aku tumbuk meja. Aku ada banyak kerja nak buat. Tak ada masa nak main teka teki. I got 10 reports to submit and some other bullshit I had to focus on. Dan jika tak siap, dia adalah orang yang akan maki aku. Aku tak suka kena maki sebab bila aku kena maki, aku akan pukul siapa yang maki aku. Tiada kenal darjat hatta status penumbuk ku ini.

Khuatir dicederakan dengan lebih teruk, akhirnya dia berterus terang.

"It's Valentine's."

"Come again?"

"Valentine's Day. Please don't hurt me."

"Oh. What about it?"

Dan dia mula menerangkan kenapa Valentine's Day sangat significant untuk orang macam aku.

"Seriously boss, I don't give a fuck. If I want love, I'll pay for it."

"Idiot. That ain't love. That's making love. And you don't make love to a woman you paid. That's just plain old business. That's fucking business."

"Well, it seems like we're not on the same page here. Did you ever give anything to your wife? It can be anything. Cash, present, holiday, etc."

"I did and still do. As a matter of fact, I just gave her some cash last night. She wanted to buy a new handbag dan dia menolak jika I yang belikan handbag untuk dia."

"And in return?"

"I get to fuck. I mean I get to make love with my wife."

"Gotcha! With that, I rest my case."

"Holy shit Zafwan! You're like the Dalai Lama of love. Love making. Fucking. What ever the fuck that is."